Hygenall Fieldwash Decontamination Soap 18.5 oz Bottle:
- For decontamination of hair and skin
- Works like a normal soap (requires water rinsing) but removes heavy metal and carcinogens that normal soap leaves behind.
- Can be used in the field or after returning to the station as part of the 'Shower within the Hour' decontamination protocol.
- Wall Mountable Bottle with one Pump per case.
- Wall mount bracket sold separately.
Hygenall products differ from anything else on the market, and are widely used by industry, the U.S. Government, and firefighters across the U.S.
Why are Hygenall Firefighter safety products are so compelling:
- Hygenall Firefighter products are Full-SpectrumTM cleaning and decontamination safety products. They are designed to do everything regular soap and wipes do, but also remove a broad spectrum of heavy metals and oxides that a firefighter is exposed too, including potentially cancer causing heavy metals such as Hexavalent Chromium (CrVI). Hygenall products are designed to clean off hydrocarbons, metal oxides, dirt and germs, and should be used by all firefighters instead of regular soaps and wipes.
- Hygenall technology is based on a licensed patent from NIOSH.
- Third party efficacy tests indicate a greater than 99% efficacy level for the removal of Lead, the hardest of the metals to remove.
- Hygenall products never contain skin softeners, particularly Aloe Vera (very important!).
- How do heavy metals stick to skin and surfaces, and why doesn’t regular soap based decontaminating products work as well? Metals stick to skin differently than hydrocarbons, dirt and germs. Metals stick through a strong positive electrostatic charge. Hygenall products work by displacing heavy metals through electrostatic displacement, and then wash off like any other soap. At the same time, Hygenall products also remove hydrocarbons, dirt and germs, like any other soap or wipe.
- Why is it important for firefighters to remove heavy metals as well as hydrocarbons? Hydrocarbons, which is probably deposited on surfaces and skin through smoke and soot, are known to cause cancer. According to studies from NIOSH, heavy metals can also cause cancer, and are also found in smoke and soot. Firefighters have a higher likelihood of developing cancer over other occupations because modern fires contain chemicals and metals that didn’t exist in years past. For example, a burning carpet can yield lead oxide, stainless steel can flash off hexavalent chromium, and other metals come from burning exotic glues, finishes, electronics and others. Even wading through flood waters in industrial areas can expose a first responder to many hazardous materials and microscopic metal oxides.
- The ingredients in Hygenall are naturally derived, and the fragrances used are safe, non-Phthalate, plant based ingredients. Based on years of study, using fragrances drive better hygiene practice amongst industrial workers.
- Hygenall products are “GREEN”! Our wipes contain mostly sustainable wood pulp, and many of our designs are refillable. The plastics we use in our containers comes from recycled materials, and are 100% recyclable. We do not use betaines, or sodium lauryl (or laureth) sulfate (SLS).
- Hygenall products are used by all branches of the U.S. Military, by industry, healthcare, aerospace (in 2012, NIOSH guidance comments on using Hygenall to decontaminate workers from lead and other metals at an aircraft repair facility), and retail shooting sports enthusiasts (in 2010, NIOSH recommended the use of Hygenall when using guns at the firing range).
Hygenall Full-Spectrum Firefighter products clean off a wide range of chemicals and metals including:
|Arsenic – From all fires|
Lead – From house fires, industrial fires, floods
|Cadmium – From all fires|
Mercury – From all fires and, and floods
|Cobalt – From HazMat fires||Hexavalent Chromium – From burning stainless steel products and appliances|
Antimony – From all fires
|Dioxins – From industrial fires|
|Manganese – From all fires||Furans – From industrial fires|
|Beryllium – From industrial and house fires||Pesticides – From industrial fires|
Vanadium – From industrial fires
|Phthalates – From all fires, comes from burning plastics|
Dirty Bomb residue, including radioactive metals and oxides – Potentially from terrorist activities
|Plastic residues – From all fires|
|Volatile and semi-volatile organic chemicals (such as gas and oil) – From all fires||Drug and Chemical Residue such as Fentanyl – From HazMat exposure|
FWFS186 FieldWash Foaming Decon and Cleaning Soap 18.5oz